Thursday, December 15, 2011

Grasshopper Brownies

Happy Thursday everyone....I made and delivered my FIRST cupcake order today!! I am so excited, I made Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes and Peppermint Red Velvet Cupcakes.  The other day Chase came home and said he needed something to eat for a work/Christmas party by FRIDAY!! Oh the pressure...so I am making him grasshopper brownies! I have been in a baking frenzy today, my kitchen has been destroyed and put back together about 3 times! And I am getting my monies worth out of my mixer! These brownies are something I am literally throwing together, and I am doing something I never do....I am blogging it BEFORE I taste it! Yikes! So be warned these could really suck. But I like taking risk so here ya go....


Me!

Grasshopper Brownies
You will need:
1 2/3 cup sugar
a stick and a half of melted butter
2 tbsp water
2 large eggs (room temperature)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup coca powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp mint (menthe) extract


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350.  In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add in eggs one at a time.  In a separate bowl fluffy together all dry ingredients. Add dry to wet gradually. When cocoa is mixed through add, your Mint extract. Bake for 25 minutes. Garnish with fresh mint leaves or crushed candy canes!

2 comments:

  1. OK. Maybe I'm daft... but why are the "grasshopper" brownies? Because you're just going with instinct like Daniel-son or what? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call them "grasshopper" because they are chocolate mint Brownie. The traditional name for that flavor combo is " grasshopper" Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete