Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Pancakes!

Hi everyone!! Today is my sons birthday, he is 2!!!  The whole time I was growing up I got my favorite cakes for breakfast! Until I know what his favorite cakes is...it will be Birthday Pancakes!!!  This is my favorite pancake recipe, and then I did them with yogurt and banaas and sprinkles! yum! Here ya go...


Birthday Pancakes
You will need:

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg beaten
3 tbsp melted butter

1 cup vanilla yogurt (or favorite flavor of yogurt)
rainbow sprinkles
1 banana

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl mix together all dry ingredients, fluffing with fork. In small bowl beat egg slightly and add to dry mix.  Add in milk, butter and sour cream. Fold in. You want there to be some chunks of batter in the mix. Dont over mix or pancakes will be tough. Cook over med-low heat. Layer pancake, then yogurt, sprinkles, sliced banana and then pancake. Repeat this pattern until desired hieght!



Happy Birthday to you or whoever is lucky enough to get these! You can serve them with frosting...but we did yogurt because he is TWO. Need I say more?

1 comment:

  1. It looks like he enjoyed every bit of those birthday pancakes. My birthday is tomorrow, could you make me some too? LOL

    ReplyDelete