Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Quesadilla=Light Lunch!

Hope everyone is having a glorious Wednesday! I love Wednesdays, I don't know why...maybe that much closer to the weekend.  It is still cold here and we still feel the need to be hermits.  We might make a trip to the grocery store later for a few items for dinner, but then its back to home for us! I try and feed Max a REAL lunch everyday, something of substance.  But lunches are supposed to be quick and light. Today we are having Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Quesadilla's! It's light and quick and easy.  I prefer frozen corn, i feel like it has no sugar added (you cant really see whats in that water in the can).  I like doing stuff in tortillas because its easy for Max to handle.  Here ya go...


Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Quesadilla

You will need:
1 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 medium package goat cheese or reduced fat cream cheese
juice from half a lime
chopped cilantro
whole wheat or corn tortilla
s/p
1 can green chiles or rotel (today I used what I had which was Rotel)

Directions:
Preheat broiler. Place corn your cast iron skillet, roast in oven just until deep golden.  In a medium mixing bowl mix together, goat cheese, cilantro, rotel and lime juice. Fold in roasted corn. Spread mixture onto whole wheat tortillas fold like a quesadilla. In a greased pan, grill until tortilla is slightly crispy. Slice and enjoy! I serve mine with sliced avocado! MMMMmmm.



*This made an extra quesadilla and so I grilled it, and then stuck it in a feezer bag and threw it my freezer! Lunch for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment